Know The Difference Between Synthetic And Wool Carpet Before Visiting A Carpet Shop
One of the primary reasons why people prefer carpet for flooring is because of its comfort, finished look and the softness underfoot. Though there are numerous reputed carpet shops in Bromley, one of the challenging tasks for the people is to choose the right type of carpet. Not only should it fit your budget but also fulfil your flooring needs.
Recently, there has been an increase in the demand for synthetic and wool carpets. While some people prefer wool because the material has been used for centuries to weave carpets, others prefer durable synthetic fibre. If you are planning to visit a carpet shop soon, know the differences between synthetic and wool carpets so that you can choose the right flooring material.
Wool Or Synthetic? Which Is More Popular?
Though people in Bromley prefer both synthetic and wool carpets, the demand for the former is more. Few common synthetic fibres used to make the carpets are nylon, polyester and polypropylene. Visit any reputable carpet shop in Bromley and you will notice that the demand for synthetic fibre carpets is more than wool carpets because the former is more affordable. But choosing a flooring material depending on its price is not a wise thing to do. Consider the benefits offered by each material before choosing one for your home. It is mandatory for the flooring to suit your lifestyle.
5 Benefits Offered By Synthetic Carpets
- Nylon is both durable and easy to clean. Its yarn memory prevents it from crushing, resisting stains and holding colour well.
- Polyester is stain resistant, fade resistant and available in a wide variety of colours.
- Olefin or polypropylene is inexpensive and prevents your carpet from fading due to sunlight. The material also has superior stain resistance qualities.
- Olefins clean very well and most staining is non-existent so you can use it for outdoor carpeting.
- People buying synthetic carpets can choose from a wide variety of colours and carpets.
5 Benefits Offered By Wool Carpets
- They are soft and pleasing to touch which makes them comfortable for underfoot.
- Since wool carpets are manufactured using natural wool instead of chemicals, they are environmentally friendly flooring material.
- The carpets are capable of absorbing almost 30% of the moisture without feeling damp which makes it suitable for the indoor environment.
- The material is resistant to compacting and crushing and is a natural dirt-repellent.
- Single wool fibres can resist breakage even when subjected to weights of 0.5 to 1 ounce.
Since you are aware of the benefits of both synthetic and wool carpets, it’s time to visit a reputable carpet shop.